Last updated on 27th May 2020.
- Please read these business subscription terms ( “Subscription Terms” ) carefully before using orbitapp.io and the services provided via Orbit ( “Orbit” ) as they are a legally binding contract between us and the company, firm or organisation represented by you. You represent and warrant that you are authorised to enter into this contract on behalf of the company, firm or organisation represented by you “ you ” or “ your ”.
- By creating a Community on Orbit, you confirm that you accept these Subscription Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Subscription Terms, you must not use Orbit. We recommend that you print a copy of these Subscription Terms for future reference.
The following additional terms also apply to your use of Orbit and your account:
- Our Acceptable Use Policy , which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of Orbit. When using Orbit you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and contacting each other
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may make changes to Orbit
- Service & Fees
- Availability and suspending or withdrawing Orbit
- Orbit communities and member information
- How to complain about content uploaded by users and whose responsibility it is
- Intellectual property rights
- Do not rely on information on Orbit
- We are not responsible for websites we link to or for events organised by third parties
- Data Protection
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We may transfer this contract to someone else
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes
Who we are and contacting each other
- Orbit is operated by Orbit Labs Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12302023 (“ we ”, “ us ”, “ our ”). Our registered office is at 2 Manor Farm Court, Old Wolverton, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England, MK12 5NN and our VAT number is 346487957.
- Orbit enables people to create and/or participate in a professional community dedicated to an interest, event, place, brand or business (an “ Orbit Community ”) for free or for a fee. An Orbit user who creates an Orbit Community (“ Organisers ”) does so to invite in people (“ Members ”) to connect with each other, through discover, messaging and discussion, and to exchange information and content. The Organiser is responsible for the Orbit Community they create.
- To contact us, please email .
- We may contact you by email using the email provided when you sign up to Orbit or within Orbit. You agree to keep your contact information up to date. If you do not keep your contact information up to date you may not receive important notifications about your account, Orbit and/or any service we are providing to you.
We may make changes to these terms
- We may contact you by email using the email provided when you subscribe to Orbit or within Orbit. You agree to keep your contact information up to date. If you do not keep your contact information up to date you may not receive important notifications about your account, Orbit and/or any service we are providing to you.
We may make changes to Orbit
- We may amend these Subscription Terms from time to time by updating them on Orbit. Every time you wish to use Orbit, please check these Subscription Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
Service & Fees
- You may sign up for certain Orbit services, as agreed between you and us. You acknowledge that we may refuse your request for certain Orbit services at our absolute discretion. Where we agree to provide you with Orbit services, we shall use all reasonable endeavours to provide those Orbit services to you in accordance with the applicable specification and/or description for those services provided by us.
- Orbit services are sold on a subscription basis and are automatically charged to your payment method at the beginning of each subscription period. You will be charged the standard annual or monthly rate (presented to you before you subscribed), subject to our right to increase charges as set out below.
- You can cancel your subscription at any time by following the instructions provided to you. You must cancel your subscription before the end of the then-current subscription period to avoid being charged for the next subscription period.
- You can amend your subscription by following the instructions provided to you. You must make any changes before the end of the then-current subscription period to ensure that any changes take effect in the next subscription period otherwise you will continue to be charged for your subscription.
- You will pay our charges for the Orbit services you have signed up to, as agreed between you and us. Our charges may be varied from time to time subject to us providing 30 days’ prior notice to you.
- Subscription charges are non-refundable. If you cancel a subscription part way through a subscription period then you will not receive a refund for the unused part of that period. If we terminate or suspend your subscription to the Orbit services then you will not be entitled to any refund. You will still be charged for the subscription charges due if we suspend your access in accordance with these terms.
- If you fail to pay our charges on time then without prejudice to any of our other rights and remedies we may charge you interest on your outstanding balance in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended from time to time. We also reserve the right to suspend your access to Orbit and/or your account.
Availability and suspending or withdrawing Orbit
- We do not guarantee that Orbit, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Nor do we guarantee that Orbit will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of Orbit for business and operational reasons (including without limitation maintenance and updates). We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Orbit communities and member information
- You are solely responsible for setting up and managing the Orbit Community that you create and/or own (we’ve referred to it as ‘your’ Orbit Community’ in these terms). This includes managing who to invite, whether to charge a fee for entry (and whether to provide any refunds), who is permitted to join and remain within the Orbit Community, and all content, posts, discussions, opportunities or otherwise which takes place on the Orbit Community. You are responsible for moderating content, controlling access and updating community information in respect of your Orbit Community.
- You agree that your organisation operates a lawful business in accordance with applicable laws and will ensure that all of the organisation’s actions (and your actions) regarding your Orbit Community (such as all posts, additions, and deletions) comply with all applicable laws.
- We may delete content on your Orbit Community, suspend your Orbit Community or a Member’s access to your Orbit Community and/or close your Orbit Community at any time without any reason.
- Contact information of Members may be made available to Organisers in order to facilitate communications. An Organiser may use the contact information of Members solely to communicate with a Member for purposes related to their Orbit Community or the reasonably assumed interests of the Member who has joined the Orbit Community. In no event may an Organiser: i) sell contact information of a Member to a third-party, or ii) or use or disclose it for commercial purposes unrelated to the Orbit Community or the interest of Member who joined the Orbit Community.
How to complain about content uploaded by users and whose responsibility it is
- We generally do not verify, review or approve content uploaded by others. The views expressed by users on Orbit do not represent our views or values. We are not responsible for others’ content or information.
- You are responsible for managing your Orbit Community and that includes removing content where a Member uploads or posts content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent or inappropriate or does not comply with the Content Standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If a Member reports content (such as a post) in respect of your Orbit Community then you will be notified. You must ensure that you take appropriate action immediately. You must notify us immediately if you receive a report from a Member regarding your Orbit Community (including any content). We reserve the right to remove the content. We will not be liable for any damages you or any Member alleges to incur as a result of such content.
- You agree to indemnify us against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of Orbit, Orbit services (including any subscription services) and/or your Orbit Community(s) including without limitation your collection or use of any Member data and/or your actions or inactions in respect of any report made to you by a Member regarding any content on your Orbit Community.
Intellectual property rights
- The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in Orbit (including all database rights, trade marks, service marks, trading names, text, graphics, code, files, links and other materials published on it) belong to us or our licensor(s). We reserve all rights.
- You must not copy, transmit, modify, republish, store (in whole or in part), frame, pass-off or link to any material or information on or downloaded from Orbit without our prior written consent.
- You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty free, licence to use your name and logo(s) in connection with Orbit and the services that we offer. If We wish to use your name or logos for any purpose other than as set out in this paragraph or in connection with the provision of Orbit, we shall obtain your prior consent.
- You must not use any part of the content (including reports and aggregated data) on Orbit for purposes other than for your own internal business purposes or disclose, copy, create derivative works or otherwise make such content available to any third party without our prior specific written consent.
- Organisers are provided access to certain data, which may be aggregated or personalised, in order to facilitate Member engagement and communications. The Organisers may not sell or share data accessible from Orbit to third parties.
Do not rely on information on Orbit
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information published by us on Orbit, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on Orbit is accurate, complete or up to date.
- You acknowledge that you are liable for all details of your Orbit Community. We do not verify the information or details and give no warranties or representations as to their accuracy or completeness.
We are not responsible for websites we link to or for events organised by third parties
- Where Orbit contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties or information regarding events organised by third parties, it is provided for information only. It should not be interpreted as approval by us. We do not accept any responsibility for information provided by you or other users nor do we accept responsibility for Orbit Communities arranged by you – this is solely your responsibility.
We may terminate or suspend your account and prevent you from accessing your account and/or Orbit (on a temporary or permanent basis) and/or provision of any Orbit services, if at any time:
- we believe that you have breached these Subscription Terms or any other terms that apply to you (as set out in paragraph 1.3);
- we believe that you have acted in a way which is unlawful, or which may create liability for other users or Organisers or us;
- we believe that you have acted in a way which might bring or tend to bring us or our brand into disrepute and/or damage our reputation and/or goodwill;
- we are unable to verify information provided by you; or
- you suffer an insolvency event.
- If we terminate or suspend your account you shall no longer be permitted to use Orbit (including any Orbit services) or access to and/or use of your account or, in the case of a temporary suspension, for the duration of that suspension. We may also disable or delete your Orbit Community(s).
- We may terminate this contract at any time without any reason by giving you notice. On termination, you will lose the right to access and use Orbit (including any Orbit services and Orbit Community(s)) and your account. We will disable and delete your Orbit Community(s).
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Subject to paragraph 14.1, we will not be liable for:
- any failures due to software or internet errors or unavailability, or any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control; or
- loss of your password or username caused by a breakdown, error, loss of power or otherwise caused by or to your computer system.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial of service attack or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Orbit or to your downloading of any content on it, or any website linked to it.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, Orbit; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on Orbit.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this contract shall be limited to 125% of the total charges paid by you to us during the 12 months immediately preceding the date on which the claim arose.
We may transfer this contract to someone else
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Subscription Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract. You are not permitted to transfer your rights and obligations without our consent.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes
- These Subscription Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- This contract does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this contract.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Subscription Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Subscription Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date
- We shall not be in breach of these Subscription Terms nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of our obligations under this contract if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, including acts of God, acts of government, acts of terror or civil unrest, technical failures beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, inability to access the internet), or acts undertaken by third parties, including without limitation, distributed denial of service attacks.